Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yes Virginia...There is a Santa Clause! The Roswell Tap liquor license...APPROVED!

The saying "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause" came to mind as I walked down the stairs of Roswell City Hall this past week with our liquor license for The Roswell Tap.  I guess I understand the relief and the happiness but I have no idea which of my parents, grandparents or family friends said this around me in my youth but someone must have.

In 1897, a coroner in Manhattan named Dr. O'Hanlon was asked about the reality status of Santa Claus by his 8 year old daughter Virginia.  He told her to write to The Sun which was the prominent newspaper in New York.  Francis Pharcellus Church, an editor for the Sun wrote an editorial in response to her question which is as well written and meaningful to the preservation of youth then, as it is today:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_Virginia,_there_is_a_Santa_Claus

Sorry for the digression and I still have no idea why that thought popped into my head.

But I am thankful that we are another step closer to the Grand Opening.  We have had several exciting developments this week and the menu and the team just keeps getting better...both in content and curb appeal. 

Stay tuned for more at http://theroswelltap.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment